Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving - Giving Thx to Non GMO Project, Label It Yourself, and Yes On Prop 37 Staff

A sticker template for labeling foods with GMOs!
I don't think I have enough words to describe my appreciation this Thanksgiving for the people on the ground who organized, strategized, and campaigned against Monsanto (and all the other Big Food Corps) against all odds to label genetically modified organisms (GMOs) in California. I want to give thanks to all the hard working folks at Food Democracy, the Non GMO Project, and to Jeffrey Smith and the film makers for Food Inc., Fresh, and Genetic Roulette for elevating the conversation to the highest point ever.

So, what we lost on Prop 37. I'm thankful for the anyway. So what's next?

Well, the Label It Yourself (#LIY) movement is full swing in which controversy is yet to seen in the mainstream media, but I also want to give thanks to the local farmers. My local farmers like Don, Phil and his son Justin at Sage Mountain, to Suzie's, Homegrown, Seeds @ City, Taj, Living Earth Ranch, SoCal Shrooms, and my Farmer's Market organizer friends like Catt and Dale. I'm also especially grateful for Rachel at Springhill Cheese for making a killer FireHouse Jack, Forager Mike for making his killer hot sauce Dang!!!, and to Greg Koch for keeping it real at his bistros and for brewing #EnjoyBy!

Now, I'm off to finish shopping at the San Diego Public Market! Happy Thanksgiving!


Check out my new Facebook page & my new website for GMO Free supplements!

No comments:

Post a Comment