Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Movember - Mo Bros over GMOs

It's time to get serious about GMOs this Movember. And I want to start with my Bros and I leading the charge to be the change we want to be. After spending 10 or so days scrubbing the bitter taste of defeat from my mouth over Prop 37 not passing (California elections) I've found myself more engaged than ever and commenting on every Facebook post I could, trying to keep the conversation alive. I've become a voracious advocate and I want to move the battle to label them square into the domain of men's heath.

Why men's health?

Men want to be 'cool' and do cool shit. But do you know what's really cool? Becoming a 'foodie', drinking craft beer, and eating local organic food. Yeah, that's me and I'm all about that! But not all of my Bros are up on that and if they somewhat are... its not like we're talking about GMOs like we should be. Not to mention, if you're lucky enough to have kids like I do, they learn from you. They watch what you eat and they'll do what you do and not what you say. That's why I believe my daughter's favorite veggie is Kale (because we grow it together in our community garden)! So to get serious, I chose to sign up on Movember.com today and for the rest of the month I'm going to blog my talks with my Mo Bros and about what I'm doing starting with my supplements.

I think all men have to start with questioning their supplements like I just did recently. And make it black or white... Are they GMO Free? I can't begin to tell you how many friends I have that are avid runners, cyclists, ball players, etc and not once can I recall a conversation on the topic of supplements where the concern of GMOs even came up!! We talk about surfing and riding our bikes, but not this? Well, I just changed that and ordered USANA's HealthPak with active calcium, mega antioxidants, chelated mineral. And of course, I did it because USANA made a corporate commitment to not use genetically modified organisms in their product lines. Don't believe me? I swear to Google.

Game. Set. Match.

And from now on it's Bros over GMOs.



Follow me here:
http://mobro.co/nogmoman
@No_GMO_Man

I will also participate in Fight Back Friday on Food Renegade! http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-november-16th/


No comments:

Post a Comment